Epilation Redux...

OK, so I have discovered something for myself in my epilation procedures that I think is making a big difference for me.

The process I've discovered for myself is: immediately after a thorough epilation of an area, I apply a liberal smear of damp baking soda to the area and work it in a bit so that it penetrates the recently evacuated follicle openings.

I let the coating dry a bit (this stings), and then wash it off. To my observation, doing this reduces or inhibits regrowth of hair in that area.

My theory is the baking soda helps cleanse or kill any follicle cells that are left behind by the epilation, minimizing them re-establishing themselves to start a new hair.

It's not perfect, some regrowth still occurs (from other unplucked follicles or areas not well saturated with the baking soda, I imagine); but over a few repeats of the process, it appears to me to have greatly minimized how much hair regrowth I'm getting in the treated areas.

I don't know how permanent this is, I'm observing some areas to see; and clearly this is not for you if you don't WANT to eliminate the hair regrowth.

I speculate this would also work after waxing, as that is a similar process to epilation of pulling the hairs out by the roots. It might also improve results from electrolysis or laser treatment.

I'm hopeful for some other girls to try this and let me know whether they see similar results. I hope this isn't just wishful thinking on my part.




Comments

Popular Posts