Facial Hair

Part of my Epilation efforts (which I discuss in more detail here) is getting the hair off my face. This is proving rather more challenging than other areas of the body.

The closeness and number of hairs, the relatively rapid growth, the sensitivity of the skin, the multiple angles, together make it especially uncomfortable to epilate the face and neck.

I've made a lot of progress recently, but there's still quite a bit to go.

I've also gotten terrible acne now, as bad as when I was a teenager. I'm thinking of it as a symbol of making a transition from one phase of my life to another, rather like adolescence.

Oddly enough, I got advice from my Ex on what sort of products to use to treat the acne. She wasn't very supportive when I first came out to her as trans. Go figure.

Anyways, when the facial epilation is hurting, I try to think of each plucked hair as a small victory in my transition. Sometimes I can get in a "zone" and it's almost like one of those massages where it "hurts so good", at least for a bit.

I hope I'm not deluding myself that things are feeling smoother and more peach-fuzzy.

I consider it a work in progress, in the mean time I continue to shave every few days.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts