Think I Found my Tribe...

Something I came across on Tumblr recently is the "Charlie" movement.

Started by Sammi over at LaceSatinStilettos, here's the basic Charlie Manifesto.

It's for trans or cd gurls who are unapologetically femme; but don't buy into or identify with the whole humiliation and degradation mindset common among more traditional "sissy" fetish/kink.

We choose not to be defined solely, even primarily, in relation to others' perceptions and preconceptions of who and what we are and can be sexually or otherwise.

It's like how early on in the women's liberation movement cis-women (re)claimed their right to be unapologetically sexual beings without labeled "fast", "easy", "whore", "slut" (admittedly still something of a work in progress).

Everything we want, and nothing we don't.

It's a revolution, and I'm there.

I'm a Charlie, and proud of it.




Comments

Popular Posts