Hair Color

I was originally going to talk about this in the Wigs Post; but it's a sufficiently distinct topic that I think I should address it separately.

I started out thinking I should "act my age" and wear wigs matching the color of my current (remaining) hair, which is largely grey/white with some darker flecks. Salt-and-pepper if you will.

I got a couple of wigs in that range and felt kind of disappointed in how I looked. It was better than no hair at all, but still not really what I wanted to see.

Somewhat by accident I also acquired a wig in the darker brown range, similar to the color of my youthful hair. Wearing that I felt so much more alive, even though that particular wig had other problems (it was cheap).

I then acquired a long wavy wig in a similar color and fell in love with it. I feel like it's the hair I should have been born with (and still have).

I don't care if it's a bit unruly, or that it takes work to keep it in place out of my face, I just love the feeling of it on the back of my neck and on my shoulders.

If I could somehow implant hair like this permanently, I would.

Color-wise, I don't think I'm quite ready to act my age. I guess I'm a bit more vain than I thought.




Comments

Popular Posts